F I L L E D
Senior Account Exec/Account Director
DC Area Direct Response Fundraising Agency
Working in client services for a direct response fundraising agency is not for the faint-hearted. The challenge of juggling several projects and deadlines, managing multiple vendors, and dealing with those last minute problems that always seem to arise at exactly the wrong time, produce an atmosphere that’s fast-paced and high stress. It can take a toll.
How do you create an environment that makes the work more enjoyable and professionally rewarding? My client, one of DC’s most highly regarded, full-service direct response fundraising agencies, has found ways to do it well, and they’ve engaged me to help them fill a key role on their client services team.
Over their 11 year history, they’ve established long-term, agency-of-record relationships with several of the country’s largest and most prestigious non-profits, including ones in medical research, veteran’s services, environmental protection and more.
- Nearly all of their staff has worked on both sides of the desk, giving them a level of credibility and insight that can only come from having walked in their clients’ shoes.
- That kind of insight enables them to address their clients’ challenges in ways that go beyond the services normally provided by larger agencies which, by nature, are less nimble and limited to more of a cookie-cutter approach.
- They’ll only work with clients that embrace the idea of a truly collaborative relationship, not those who are unreasonably difficult and demanding. It’s a big part of how they create a work environment that’s more professionally rewarding and satisfying.
- They’ve engineered their business to accommodate a variety of flexible working arrangements, thereby giving their staff the ability to more seamlessly juggle professional responsibilities with their personal lives.
- They strongly encourage the professional development of all staff and create opportunities for people to expand their skill sets into other functional areas. Here, a job in production management could be a gateway into a career in client services.
The person they need will need to have worked in client services, and depending on their experience, will be hired as either a Senior Account Executive or Account Director.
Senior Account Executive
In short, the SAE is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely execution of day-to-day deliverables, maintaining positive relationships with clients and partners, leading development and coordinating execution of design & copy, assisting with list planning, segmentation, campaign-specific reporting and budget development, and working with senior staff on all aspects of strategic planning and campaign development.
The AD’s responsibilities include:
- Driving direct response fundraising and advocacy strategy from inception through to completion for multiple clients
- Day-to-day leadership of the client relationship
- Overall management and execution of fully integrated, multi-channel direct response program
- Developing & maintaining an overarching strategic vision for their clients
- Creating strategic plans/concept memos
- Fiscal year and campaign budget planning
- Strategic list planning for acquisition efforts
- Facilitation of meetings and presentations
If you’d like to know more about this or other opportunities, let’s arrange an exploratory and confidential conversation. Even if you haven’t been actively looking at other opportunities, there’s still value in setting up a brief call so you can have me on your radar for the future (and vice versa). After all, you never know when I might come across the big break you’re looking for or something unexpected puts you in the job market.
Here’s how to contact me: