Manager of Online Fundraising Strategy
DC-based Direct Response Fundraising Agency
Ready for a New Challenge?
One of the most successful fundraising agencies in the country is looking for a first-rate client manager/digital strategist to join their team. If you’re the person we’re looking for, here’s what you can expect to find:
- You’ll be working with awesome clients, particularly high-profile, progressive issue groups involved in causes like child advocacy, the environment, human rights, international relief, reproductive rights and democratic politics, organizations that make the world a better place for everyone.
- With a leadership team that together has more than 100 years of direct response fundraising experience, you’ll work alongside and absorb insight from some of the best in the business, a trio of respected industry leaders whose insight and mentoring offers an outstanding opportunity to hone your fundraising skills.
- They have a reputation for being extremely client-centric. In fact, the principals have relationships with some of their clients that go back for 20+ years.
- It’s nice to know that they’ll back you up even when things don’t go according to plan, because they inevitably will, no matter how well you plan.
- A refreshing culture where the quality of your work is more important than the number of hours you spend in the office.
Now, about the work…
- More than a ‘job’. You’ll come to work every day knowing that the work you do makes a real difference in your clients’ ability to impact the lives of the people they serve.
- Drive the strategy. Develop innovative digital fundraising strategies and shape the messaging in ways that maximize fundraising results.
- Use your analytic skills. Analyze email, web, advertising and social campaign results, using that information improve the way a campaign performs.
- Keep them happy. Make sure your clients get the best possible service. Stay in close contact with them via email and phone about all the big and little things going on, participate in regular check-in calls and present your recommendations at big strategy meetings.
- Know them better than they know themselves. Understand their needs in a way that enables you to make recommendations for doing things they haven’t even considered.
- Create compelling content. Work with your team to write compelling fundraising appeals, website content and social media copy.
- Take your ideas on a test drive. Devise testing plans for online campaigns and work with your team to identify the most effective ways for your clients to allocate their marketing spend.
- Keep the trains running on time. Oversee the many details involved in launching campaigns using Convio or Salsa or whatever CRM your client uses, and use your project management skills to keep everything on-track.
What about you?
We’re interested in hearing compelling stories that demonstrate you have the following experience/traits:
- Developing and implementing email, social, and advertising campaigns that are seamlessly integrated with direct mail and telemarketing
- Using the usual technology tools used by our clients
- At least a working knowledge of SEM, SEO and PPC
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and are always thinking two steps ahead of everyone else
- An aptitude for reacting decisively and with a sense of urgency when fast-breaking news and events drive changes in strategies and/or tactics
- Not afraid to suggest new ideas or ways to improve on old ways of thinking
- Very detail-oriented. (You’re the person who finds the typos that others overlook).
- Passionate about what’s next in the ever changing world of digital marketing and enjoy thinking about how to get there.
Salary, benefits and some perks
Every employee shares in their success and profits, and they offer a great salary and benefits package:
- An attractive base salary plus annual bonus that could be as much as 10% of your salary
- Three weeks of vacation to start plus sick days
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits (they pay 50% of your premium)
- 401(k) plan with employer match that’s fully vested from DAY 1!
- Free gym membership