Recruiting industry guru Lou Adler recently published an article for LinkedIn’s Talent Blog about a study his firm conducted looking at what the best executive recruiters do differently from their corporate counterparts. Here’s the short list:
- More high touch career advisory role when dealing with candidates
- More trusted, have strong job knowledge and are more persuasive with hiring managers so they don’t need to present as many candidates
- Recognize talent and have strong interviewing skills
- More persistent, so they engage with more top prospects, get more referrals and close deals more frequently
- Specialists have deeper networks and can build the target list quickly
- Better negotiators focusing more on career growth than compensation when discussing opportunities
- Their subject matter expertise creates a relationship with hiring managers and prospects that goes beyond the current opening
He says that these are among the reasons why top recruiters deliver stronger candidates for the toughest roles more quickly and with fewer offers being rejected or countered.
Click here for the full article.