Southern Poverty Law Center
National Digital Marketing Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA or Montgomery, AL (paid relocation available)
The SPLC is looking for someone to be the catalyst who takes their digital fundraising program to the next level.
They’re one of the country’s oldest and largest advocates for social justice and racial equality. Since 1971, their efforts have toppled institutional racism and stamped out remnants of Jim Crow segregation; destroyed some of the nation’s most violent white supremacist groups; and protected the civil rights of children, women, the disabled, immigrants and migrant workers, the LGBT community, prisoners, and many others who face discrimination, abuse or exploitation.
This is a unique opportunity to make a visible impact on the success of a high-profile organization where your work will make a meaningful difference.
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Devise and launch innovative digital strategies that enable the SPLC to significantly grow an online fundraising program that currently generates $13MM/year
- Create and execute paid social and digital campaigns across multiple platforms to acquire new donors, reactivate lapsed donors, and increase donations from current supporters
- Identify and evaluate emerging fundraising technologies
- Develop and implement strategies for growing the SPLC’s email list using techniques such as sponsored petitions, free and paid social media, etc.
- Track and analyze results, report on them to senior management, and make recommendations on how to improve performance
- Manage and build the digital fundraising team
Qualifications and Experience:
For this role you’ll need a passion for fighting discrimination, hate, and bigotry. You’ll also need to provide quantifiable evidence as to your success in the following areas:
- The development of online campaign strategies that leverage multiple platforms, with a heavy focus on social media (free and paid)
- Using digital tools like tracking pixels, retargeting, and location-based services to build interest, enhance existing relationships and increase engagement
- Effectively managing a budget of at least $3MM
- Developing and deploying innovative new strategies for building donor/customer lists
You should also have a basic competency with CSS, HTML content development, and Java, as well as experience with customer/donor management platforms.
Fundraising experience is preferred, but not required.
For more information, contact:
Jeff Rothman, President
Rothman Talent Solutions